The garage is a place, where generally all the rough activities are carried out. Also a lot of dirt is present, as usually some activity, repair etc is going on. Thus when choosing floor materials for a garage, one has to be very particular, about what is to be fitted, because it is important that the material that you use, is suitable to the environment of the garage. If it isn’t then, it is going to be a rough ride, lot of expense and inconvenience. There are many types of flooring options available in the market. Before choosing one for your garage you will have to take into consideration its suitability to the following factors –
1. Whether suitable to dust and stain
2. Whether it’s easy to clean
3. Moisture resistant
4. Grease and oil tolerant.
Make sure you consider all these points, because they will be of utmost importance in the long run.
G –flooring – Best flooring for your garage
Apart from tiles of various kinds of tiles, usually hard stone (ceramic and marble to be avoided for the garage, as ceramic is unsuitable and marble gets to cold to work on), the G-flooring is a popular kind of flooring that is being used for garages these days. This flooring is coin type, and known to provide best protection for the floor. It is also very easy to install. All you have to do is stick the floor to the concrete and trim it around the edges. The G-flooring comes in large square pieces, and thus has a tile like appearance. Following are the advantages of using g flooring for your garage –
• It is very easy to clean. All you will have to get is a floor cleaning solution, add some water to it, and wipe it off with a cloth.
• The flooring is insulated, this ensures that it is moisture resistant, and thus does not pass up to the concrete.
• It is durable and lasts for years without damage.
• It is aesthetically good in appearance, and comes in various colors.
• The surface is smooth, yet non-slip, thus ensuring that you don’t trip and fall while you are working. Also the smoothness makes it more comfortable to walk on. It does not get cold like tiles.
This apart, the price is affordable for both commercial and residential garage owners.